The government assigns Schedule B / HTS Codes to all goods eligible for export out of the United States. Every good exported must have a Schedule B / HTS code. It tells custom agents what is in the package.
With exporting, it's important to find the most appropriate Schedule B / HTS code for the good.
The government does a yearly update of Schedule B / HTS codes to better define categories and database improvement.
Global Wizard uses these two resources below maintain the Schedule B/HTS codes within the database to ensure compliance for exporting.
1. Exporting -
2. Importing - https://www.usitc.gov/
With this, you may find that a Schedule B or HTS code that you've previously used has been obsoleted and you must find a new number.
Global Wizard has two places to see obsolete Schedule B / HTS Codes.
1. In Client Data>Products> Clicking on the "Search" button but without putting in any search details
2. In Client Data>Products>Schedule B Management.
Global Wizard cannot automatically update Schedule B / HTS Codes but it does provide access to databases that will determine the new, most appropriate Schedule B / HTS code to use.
- Click on "Client Data"
- Click on the Products menu and select "Schedule B/HTS Finder.
- A new window will appear with an input screen for keywords. This may take some trial and error to get into the most appropriate category. Once you find the new Schedule B / HTS code, copy it to your saved product in either of the two menu screens above and click "Save".
For more information, check out the Global Wizard User Guide.